Full time Stores Operator
Scientific and Medical Products Ltd (SciMed) is a small owner managed distributor of laboratory apparatus. SciMed sell their products and provide after sales support throughout the UK and Ireland to their end user customers. This process is carried out by a team of field sales and services engineers.
From our Stockport based head-quarters the field engineers are supported by a back-office team carrying out various roles such as sales administration, accounts and goods receiving/dispatch.
Due to a slight reorganisation of roles within the business and the business expanding, a post of STORES OPERATOR is now available. This role will have the following main strands:
- First point of response for goods entrance and dealing with delivery of goods
- Processing of inbound goods including booking into Sage
- Processing of sales orders for dispatch and fulfil distribution process
- Replenish stock as required
- Keep stores clear and tidy
- Organising Freight Forwarders
- Carry out annual stocktake
- Organising exhibition equipment and sales literature
- Monitor and control movement of demo/loan instruments
- Log in customer repairs and organise returns
- Preparation of parts kits for service repairs
- Ad hoc Stores related tasks as required
As the role will require the use of a PC the following is a pre-requisite:
- Comfortable with the use of a PC
- Comfortable with the workings of the Microsoft Office suite of programs
At SciMed we use Sage 200, Microsoft Word and Excel within our warehousing system. Prior experience of this program or similar packages would be advantageous but not necessary as suitable training will be given.
The remuneration package is as follows
- 5 days per week
- Hours ideally 9 – 5 pm (7 hrs per day with an hour for lunch).
- 5 weeks per year paid annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
- Generous contribution to personal pension
- Healthcare insurance
- Annual bonus based on company performance
- Salary £10 per hour (£18,200 pa based on 7 hours per day)
Closing Date: 12 noon, Friday 15 March 2018 or earlier if application levels are sufficient.
Due to time constraints, not all applicants will be contacted. Applicants with whom we would like to discuss the position with further will be contacted by Wednesday 22nd March 2018.
This role will remain open until a suitable candidate has been appointed and not specific timeframe is being worked to.
Please send your application to:
Scientific and Medical Products Ltd
Unit B4, The Embankment Business Park,
or e-mail email@example.com
Due to time constraints, not all applicants will be contacted.