The BI-200SM goniometer is a world class Static Light Scattering (SLS) instrument at the research level.
- nanoparticle characterization
- particle size distributions
- protein and polymer characterization
- molecular weight
- complex fluid characterization
The Brookhaven Instruments’ BI-200SM system opens the door to the rich fields of exploration of both Static Light Scattering (SLS) and Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS).
The BI-200SM Research Goniometer System provides access to these studies with an automatic, modular and versatile system. It is a precision instrument designed for exacting scattering measurements. Based on a special turntable with precision ball bearings and stepping motor, the BI-200SM’s modern design and quality construction guarantee precise measurements due to the wobble-free movement of the detector. It is field-proven in thousands of laboratories and ideal for molecular studies and submicron particle sizing.
- particle size distribution
- particle aggregation phenomena
- micellar systems
- micro-emulsion technology
- colloid behaviour
- vesicles and liposomes
- plasmid DNAs
- particle size growth
- nucleation processes and protein crystallization.
Features will also include:
- both DLS and SLS modes
- correlation and intensity measurements
- large angular range: 8° to 155° with 25 mm cells: 15° to 155° with 12 mm cells
- fine adjustment control: read angle to 0.01° directly on large, fine-control knob
- open design/standard optical rails
- facilitates user customisations for special purposes
- temperature control
- automatic heating and cooling with internal probe and any standard external circulator
- isolated circulation system
- separate temperature and filtration plumbing
- special design glass vats
- specially polished entrance window ensures minimum flare
- alignment cell
- fine-screw vertical adjustment makes centre of rotation easier
- multiple laser line filters: Filter wheel with 632.8 (HeNe), 514.5/488.0 nm (Ar+), one open position for weak scatterers, and 2 blank
- (shutter) positions – also available with 532 nm band-pass filter
- enhanced viewing optics: coated, precision achromats coupled with behind-the-silt viewing and high quality eyepiece make alignment easier
- variety of cell holders: high precision cell holders, standard, low-rice round cells available: 27.5 mm dilution vials fit cell holder
- sleeve – special small-volume cell available.
Typical SLS applications:
- MW molecular weight determinations
- RG radius of gyration
- A2 determination of second viral coefficient
- micro-emulsion technology
- colloid behaviour complex fluid characterization
- emulsion polymerization
- particle size growth nucleation processes.
Or call us now on 0161 442 9963 to speak to a Product Specialist.
You can also visit the Brookhaven website for more product details by clicking on their logo below: