ECCO™ is a novel analyser designed for elemental analysis of paper, glass, metals, paint, minerals and gunshot residues by laser induced breakdown spectroscopy (LIBS).
LIBS is a relatively novel spectroscopic method which compared with XRF and other traditional spectroscopic methods, offers significant advantages in speed, sensitivity and cost effectiveness.
The scitation is applied with a high intensity pulsed laser focussed on the sample to create a tiny plasma of vaporised matter which emits an atomic spectrum of the constituent elements of the sample – providing a material ‘fingerprint’.
A built in database of emission lines provides automatic elemental identification.
Analysis with ECCO™ is fast, simple to operate, requires minimal sample preparation, gives immediate results of the elements and is sensitive to low parts per million.
- Automatic identification of elements
- Comparative display of spectra and peak ratios
- Automatic measurement of peak statistics
- Comprehensive library of element emission lines
- Relative measurement of element concentrations
- Research operation mode
- Air Cooled Q-switched Nd:YAG laser with 1064nm emission
- Integral colour camera with digital zoom for sample selection
- XYZ sample positioning/focusing stage
- Rugged optical design
- Interlock sample chamber with full laser safety features
- Full native support for 64 and 32 bit Windows 7
To contact SciMed and speak to a Product Specialist please CLICK HERE or call:
UK 0161 4429963
Click on the logo below to visit the Foster and Freeman website: