- The laboratory fluid bed dryer offers significant advantages over conventional drying techniques.
- The high rates of heat and mass transfer ensure much faster and more homogeneous drying than other methods such as oven and vacuum drying.
- Drying times range from a few seconds to minutes. Complete drying is usually achieved in under 15 minutes, the exact time for a given sample, airflow rate and temperature setting being very repeatable. A uniform reproducible moisture content can also be achieved with the appropriate settings.
- The temperature range from ambient to 200°C covers the majority of drying and solvent removal operations. Due to good mixing, the sample temperature is uniform and under close control during drying. This proves advantageous when drying heat sensitive materials or coating particles.
- Among the wide range of materials that can be processed are pharmaceuticals, chemicals, minerals, foods, coals, wood chips, plastics, resins, etc. Ask for our specific applications sheet on your material.
In addition, we have developed a programmable version where drying programmes can be created and stored on computers. Sherwood Scientific have developed and manufactured a range of two general purpose Fluid Bed Dryers (FBDs): one analogue and one with digital controls of airspeed, temperature and time.
For prices, or if you would like to speak to a Product Specialist at SciMed about this product, please call:
Call UK 0161 4429963 or click here
To get more details from the Sherwood Website please click below: