The Rigaku SmartLab X-ray Diffractometer is a multifunctional XRD system. It is available as a 3kW sealed tube or 9kW rotating anode x-ray generator.
The SmartLab includes Rigaku’s patented Cross Beam Optics (CBO) technology which allows seamless alignment of the optic focusing from either Bragg-Brentano or parallel beam diffractometer geometries. SmartLab’s Guidance software engine enables a very simple switching process – no need to remove, replace or realign.
SmartLab’s Guidance software is an extremely flexible and intelligent software platform. The software helps the user by suggesting settings, setting up of the hardware and execution of the measurement. The SmartLab software supports a wide range of applications including:
- phase identification
- quantitative analysis
- percent crystallinity
- crystallite size/lattice strain analysis
- precise lattice parameter determination
- Rietveld refinement
Thin Film analysis is also made easy using XRD and X-ray reflectivity (XRR) techniques. With the addition of Rigaku’s in-plane attachment, it is possible to evaluate structures perpendicular to the sample surface.
A comprehensive range of optics are available including:
- focusing mirror and Bragg-Brentano switching system
- Kα1 optics including Johansson
- CALSA – ultra-high resolution spiral analyser
- CBO-F – micro-area measurements
- SAXS – small angle X-ray scattering
- Ultra SAXS
Rigaku’s High Performance Detectors:
- Scintillator – NaI
- D/teX Ultra – The world’s fastest 1D silicon strip X-ray detector:
- Perfect detector high-throughput and long count-time measurements.
- High capture angle and large active area – now much faster than previous generations. The improvements have developed due to its smaller pixel size (0.075mm vs. 0.1mm), increased 2θ coverage and by its increased length (19.2mm vs. 12.8mm). The D/teX Ultra XRF Reduction Mode allows complete suppression of the Co Kβ fluorescence by fine-tuning the energy discrimination.
- HyPix-3000 – High resolution and ultrafast measurements:
- 2D semiconductor detector
- Large active area of approximately 3000mm2 with a small pixel size of 100um. This results in a detector with high spatial resolution.
- Single photon counting X-ray detector with a high count rate of greater than 106cps/pixel.
- Fast speed readout and almost noiseless.
The HyPix-3000 is ideal if you require:
- Ultra-high dynamic range and high sensitivity
- Seamless switching between 2D-TDI (Time Delay and Integration) to 2D snapshot to 1D-TDI to 0D with one detector
- XRF suppression by high and low energy discrimination
- High spatial resolution, direct-detection pixel array detector.
X-ray DSC enables simultaneous X-ray diffraction and differential scanning calorimetry by monitoring the thermal changes using DSC whilst monitoring the crystalline state using XRD.
Instrument features include:
- tablet PC via WIFI control
- various sample changers and stages available
- SmartSite unit with the option of built in batteries.
The video below illustrates the simplicity of the optics alignment:
To contact a SciMed Product Specialist, please CLICK HERE or call:
(UK) 0161 442 9963
Click on the logo below to visit the RIGAKU website: