The Q6000 Fuel Dilution Meter (FDM) is a portable fuel dilution meter that can be used in the laboratory or in the field to provide rapid and accurate measurements of fuel contamination in engine oil.
The Q6000 was designed with a patent-protected sampling method using an innovative ‘fang’ design. The sampling occurs using a headspace system with repeatability of <+5 percent RSD up to 15 percent fuel content. The headspace vapour sampling approach also eliminates the need to heat fuel-laden samples and does not require the use of solvents.
Fuel dilution in lubrication oil can cause serious engine damage. For example, in diesel engine crankcases, contamination can be caused by excessive idling, defective injectors and loose connections. Fuel dilution can also cause intercooler leakage in aircraft hydraulic systems.
The Q6000 detects contamination in less than two minutes, allowing operators to make immediate decisions. The device requires just a small sample in a disposable vial. The analysis results are displayed in percent fuel so operators can make rapid decisions about maintenance actions. In addition, the intuitive touchscreen and audio prompts guide the operator through the testing process.
Benefits and features
- innovative headspace sampling fang design ensures excellent repeatability (<+5% RSD)
- 0.2 to 15% fuel dilution measurement range
- disposable FDM vials eliminate carryover contamination
- onboard memory allows use of up to three stored calibration profiles
- sample ID entry and data file export via USB cable
- battery powered, lightweight, optional hard case for transit
Fast and easy to use
- small sample required in disposable FDM vial – no solvents needed for cleaning
- test results within a minute for direct measurement of fuel dilution
- result in % fuel displayed, allowing immediate maintenance actions
- colour touchscreen
- audio prompt feature guides operators through testing
Resources and downloads
- Spectro Scientific Q6000 FDM Data Sheet
- Application Note: Accurate Fuel Dilution in the Field Using the Q6000 – A Comparison to Gas Chromatography
Or call us now on 0161 442 9963 to speak to a Product Specialist.
You can also visit the Spectro Scientific website for more product details by clicking on their logo below: