The devices are designed to determine kinematic viscosity in the field for applications where immediate results are essential for determining the health of critical equipment.
SpectroVisc Q3000 viscometers use a patented split cell design that enables measurement of kinematic viscosity using only a few drops (60µL) of oil.
The SpectroVisc Q3000 series viscometers are portable, solvent-free, temperature-controlled kinematic viscometers, providing high-accuracy measurements for easy detection of viscosity variations caused by contamination, mix-up and oil degradation.
The SpectroVisc Q3000 series includes two models:
- SpectroVisc Q3000 portable viscometer 10-350 cSt @ 40° C
- SpectroVisc Q3050 portable viscometer 1-700 cSt @ 40° C
- Viscosity in new or used oils
Benefits and features
- Direct kinematic viscosity measurement: A measure of a liquid’s flow under the influence of gravity is provided at a constant temperature, so viscosity can be compared and trended with prior readings. Requires no density check, temperature measurement, instrument pre-configuration or calculation.
- Split-cell capillary channel: Using a very small sample size; the sampling chamber controls temperature while infrared sensors measure flow and trajectory, delivering immediate results.
- Self-contained with high-resolution touch screen, battery and microprocessor: Enables easy operation, in sunlight or low light, drawing minimal power for a 6-hour battery life. Requires no PC.
- Small sample size: Small sample size of 60µl (about 4 drops) is easy to obtain without impacting lubricant level. Reduces waste.
- Temperature controlled – 40°C ± 0.1°C: Each sample is held to a constant temperature for consistently accurate readings without additional pre-test measurements.
- Works with transparent and opaque oils: Provides accurate results for even the dirtiest samples.
- No cleaning solvent necessary: Eliminates worry about solvent disposal in remote locations. Fewer items to carry.
- Weighs less than 1.8 kg (4lbs): Designed for remote locations, the SpectroVisc Q3000 series includes a hinged cover that protects the sample chamber and touch screen while being carried by hand, in a toolbox or in a knapsack.
- Battery operated: Stays charged for more than 6 hours. Built-in universal charger for use worldwide; region-specific power cable included.
The SpectroVisc units can be ordered as a combination kit with the FluidScan® Q1000 or Q1100 portable infrared fluid condition monitors.
Or call us now on 0161 442 9963 to speak to a Product Specialist.
You can also visit the Spectro Scientific website for more product details by clicking on their logo below: