A core part of SciMed’s ongoing success is due to the work carried out by the operation support team’s work to support the sales and service functions within the business. Due to expansion the company a new position has been created within the sales and stores section of the operation support team.
This customer facing role will predominantly be a desk-based role undertaking sales administration tasks but will also require the undertaking of tasks in our stores when the business requires cover in this area.
SciMed is a highly regarded and long-established distributor of laboratory equipment throughout the UK and Ireland. Founded in 1979, SciMed has grown to a staff of 31 people, an annual turnover of £10M and a product line that is supplied by 27 highly respected instrument manufacturers from across the globe. Throughout this growth SciMed has remained an owner-managed company and the management remain at the forefront of both the sales process and day-to-day running of the company. SciMed operates via a robust quality management system in place and is accredited to ISO9001:2015.
The successful candidate will report to the Sales Admin and Stores Team Manager.
Initially this role will be fully based at our office in Heaton Mersey, Stockport. However, upon completion of the training and probation period (usually 3 months) the Sales Admin role function can be considered to contain a working from home element. This would be a maximum of 2 days per week working from home.
This role is for 37.5 hour week made up of either
• 9am-5pm with 30 mins for lunch
• 8:30am – 5pm with 1 hour for lunch
• 9:00am – 5:30pm with 1 hour for lunch
The selection process will be as follows:
1. Applications will be long listed to a list of candidates of no more than 10. The long list process will remain open until a suitable list is obtained
2. The longlist candidates will be invited to a 30-minute web interview
3. This list will be narrowed to a shortlist of no more than 4 and candidates will be invited for a 1-hour interview in person at our offices in Stockport
4. If a suitable candidate is found the position will be offered on the condition that 2 satisfactory references are received one of which is from your current/last employer
This role will remain open until a suitable candidate has been appointed and no specific timeframe is being worked to.
This position is ready to be filled once a suitable candidate is found and if applicable their notice period is worked.
If you would like an informal discussion about the role prior to applying please do not hesitate to contact our Sales Admin and Stores Team Manager Rachel Hamilton-Maddox (Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org 0161 219 0175).
To apply for this role please use the button below and send your application via email with the heading “Job Application – Office Admin”
Applications without a covering letter clearly stating the above will not be considered.