MC Cal Cement Calorimeter
Isothermal Multi-Channel-Calorimeter for online monitoring the heat flow during hydration of cement, and other materials.
Determining the heat of hydration of cement is important. Traditionally, the heat of hydration has been determined by measuring the heat of solution (ASTM C186) but more recently, isothermal calorimetry tests using MC CAL are increasing because they accurately and reliably measure the heat of hydration (ASTM C1702). The samples tested in the MC CAL are usually samples mixed with water where the cement hydration process can continuously be followed over time. The shape of the heat flow curve will reflect the cement hydration process and the different phases of the complex process can be determined. The addition of admixtures will change the shape of the heat flow curve, and the admixture effect can be quantified. The integrated heat flow over time will give the extent of hydration. Using isothermal calorimetry, the heat of hydration is measured with MC CAL by monitoring the heat flow from the specimen while both the specimen and the surrounding environment are maintained at the same temperature.
The MC CAL is widely used for studying the reaction kinetics of pure cement pastes as well as the temperature dependence of the reaction. MC CAL is an excellent tool for quality control in cement plants, for optimisation of additives to give a cement a certain property, as well as a general research tool for the cement laboratory.
- Research and development of new formulations in the area of additives and admixtures
- Setting time and premature stiffening of cement
- The influence of sulfate carrier content
- Quality control and production control of cement
- Cement research and concrete production control
- the maximum capacity to measure 12 samples individually and parallel for highest throughput
- the highest sensitivity (1:1 combination of sample and reference) to measure 6 samples individually and parallel C3 MC Cal ampoules. The ampoules used in the MC CAL are designed to handle up to 20, 25 or 30 ml volumes. Either glass, or plastic (HDPE) closed ampoules are available, which enables maximum flexibility for sample management and maximum sensitivity.
To contact SciMed about this product, please CLICK HERE or call:
UK 0161 491 3068.