The BI-200SM goniometer is a world class Static Light Scattering (SLS) instrument at the research level.
• nanoparticle characterization
• particle size distributions
• protein and polymer characterization
• molecular weight
• complex fluid characterization
The Brookhaven Instruments’ BI-200SM system opens the door to the rich fields of exploration of both Static Light Scattering (SLS) and Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS).
The BI-200SM Research Goniometer System provides access to these studies with an automatic, modular and versatile system. It is a precision instrument designed for exacting scattering measurements. Based on a special turntable with precision ball bearings and stepping motor, the BI-200SM’s modern design and quality construction guarantee precise measurements due to the wobble-free movement of the detector. It is field-proven in thousands of laboratories and ideal for molecular studies and submicron particle sizing.
• particle size distribution
• particle aggregation phenomena
• micellar systems
• micro-emulsion technology
• colloid behaviour
• vesicles and liposomes
• plasmid DNAs
• particle size growth
• nucleation processes and protein crystallization.
Features will also include:
• both DLS and SLS modes
• correlation and intensity measurements
• large angular range: 8° to 155° with 25 mm cells: 15° to 155° with 12 mm cells
• fine adjustment control: read angle to 0.01° directly on large, fine-control knob
• open design/standard optical rails
• facilitates user customisations for special purposes
• temperature control
• automatic heating and cooling with internal probe and any standard external circulator
• isolated circulation system
• separate temperature and filtration plumbing
• special design glass vats
• specially polished entrance window ensures minimum flare
• alignment cell
• fine-screw vertical adjustment makes centre of rotation easier
• multiple laser line filters: Filter wheel with 632.8 (HeNe), 514.5/488.0 nm (Ar+), one open position for weak scatterers, and 2 blank
• (shutter) positions – also available with 532 nm band-pass filter
• enhanced viewing optics: coated, precision achromats coupled with behind-the-silt viewing and high quality eyepiece make alignment easier
• variety of cell holders: high precision cell holders, standard, low-rice round cells available: 27.5 mm dilution vials fit cell holder
• sleeve – special small-volume cell available.
Typical SLS applications:
• MW molecular weight determinations
• RG radius of gyration
• A2 determination of second viral coefficient
• micro-emulsion technology
• colloid behaviour complex fluid characterization
• emulsion polymerization
• particle size growth nucleation processes.
You can also visit the Brookhaven website for more product details by clicking their logo below: