ECCO™ is a novel analyzer designed for elemental analysis of paper, glass, metals, paint, minerals and gunshot residues by laser induced breakdown spectroscopy (LIBS).
LIBS is a relatively novel spectroscopic method which compared with XRF and other traditional spectroscopic methods, offers significant advantages in speed, sensitivity and cost effectiveness.
The scitation is applied with a high intensity pulsed laser focussed on the sample to create a tiny plasma of vaporized matter which emits an atomic spectrum of the constituent elements of the sample – providing a material ‘fingerprint’.
A built in database of emission lines provides automatic elemental identification.
Analysis with ECCO™ is fast, simple to operate, requires minimal sample preparation, gives immediate results of the elements and is sensitive to low parts per million.
- automatic identification of elements
- comparative display of spectra and peak ratios
- automatic measurement of peak statistics
- comprehensive library of element emission lines
- relative measurement of element concentrations
- research operation mode
- Air Cooled Q-switched Nd:YAG laser with 1064nm emission
- integral colour camera with digital zoom for sample selection
- XYZ sample positioning/focusing stage
- rugged optical design
- interlock sample chamber with full laser safety features
- full native support for 64 and 32 bit Windows 7
Or call us now on 0161 442 9963 to speak to a Product Specialist.
You can also visit the Foster and Freeman website for more product details by clicking on their logo below: