Filter bags fit to the top of the drying tubs to retain any stray particles of the sample being fluidised while allowing the passage of the exit gases.
There are two sizes of bag in a wide choice of materials to ensure compatibility with the substance being dried and the
• Nylon bags are resistant to alkali vapours.
• Terylene shows greater stability with acids.
• Polypropylene in inert to most chemicals but is less suitable over 100°C.
• Nomex, a special alkali-tolerant material, is available for sustained high-temperature drying e.g. around 200°C.
• A fluorocarbon filter bag can be used when tolerance to both high temperature and a broad range of chemicals is required.
You can also visit the Sherwood website for more product details by clicking on their logo below: