• Machine condition-based monitoring
• particle counter
• wear particle classifier
• ferrous monitor
The Spectro LNF Q200 series features LaserNetFines™, the world’s best particle counter technology. With an intuitive, configurable GUI and no calibration required, the Q200 series is fast, accurate and easy to use.
Sample preparation is efficient with the LNF. Viscosities up to 320cSt can be processed without dilution due to the wide dynamic range. And unlike conventional light blockage particle counters, there are no flow control valves that need adjusting when testing different sample viscosities.
The advanced design makes it much more than just a particle counter: the LNF also calculates free water in ppm, and differentiates contaminants. Several models are available providing particle counts and codes, abnormal wear classification and ferrous wear measurement.
• particle count for all particles >4 micron to 100 micron
• highest saturation limit, up to 5,000,000 particles/ml with a coincidence error <2%
• viscosity range ISO15 to ISO320, undiluted
• images through dark fluids containing up to 2% soot with automatic laser gain control
• error corrections for water and air bubbles
• particle counts and codes per ISO 4406, NAV 1638, NAVAIR 01-1A-17, SAE AS 4059, GOST, STM D6786, HAL, and user-defined bins
• export formats include SpectroTrack and AMS Machinery Health Manager
• Ferrous monitor to measure ferrous content: Ferrous wear measurement is a critical requirement for monitoring machine condition. The high sensitivity magnetometer measures and reports ferrous content in ppm/ml, and provides ferrous particle count and size distribution for large ferrous particles.
• In-line magnetometer: The design of the magnetometer with the LNF flow cell enables measurement of both ferrous content and total particle count on the same sample, eliminating the need to measure ferrous content on another instrument.
Classification of wear particle shape
The Q200 directly images wear particle silhouettes, and counts and classifies wear particles over 20 microns as cutting wear, sliding wear, fatigue wear, non-metallic or fibres. This allows operators to determine the type of wear debris, wear mode and potential source from internal machinery components.
Dynamic viscosity measurement
The Q200 uses its laser and two transducers to measure viscosity, calculated from the fluid flow rate and pressure. The LNF will calculate the 40C kinematic viscosity from fluid density input.
AutoSampler for high throughput sample processing
The AutoSampler is a low cost solution for automatic and unattended processing of a batch of up to 24 samples. The AutoSampler may be added to existing LNF installations by the end user with minimal setup.
• SpectroLNF Q210: LNF Particle counter
• SpectroLNF Q220: LNF Particle counter with wear particle shape classifier
• SpectroLNF Q230: LNF Particle counter, automatic shape classifier, and ferrous monitoring with a magnetometer
35.6 cm (H) x 36.8 cm (W) x 78.7 cm (L)
(14 in x 14.5 in x 31 in)
You can also visit the Spectro Scientific website for more product details by clicking their logo below: