SpectroFluidscan Q1000 was made possible due to years of experience and extensive research and development based on the customer’s need to have an on-site lubricant analysis capability. FluidScan represents the state-of-the-art in infrared technology and can be used to quickly check the condition of lubricants such as hydraulic fluids, engine oils, turbine oils and gear oils for degradation and the presence of contaminants.
The Spectro Fluidscan Q1000 is a handheld condition-based maintenance monitor that protects machinery by determining when a lubricant needs to be changed due to excessive contamination or degradation. Its detection capabilities can determine lubrication contamination, degradation and cross-contamination at the point of use by measuring key oil condition parameters in both synthetic and petroleum based lubricants and fluids. FluidScan can readily determine:
• additive depletion
• incorrect lubricant
• glycerine and FAME in biodiesels
The Spectro Fluidscan Q1000 is unique because of its advanced design and technology, and its exceptional capabilities above and beyond standard infrared analysis including:
• Ability to measure TAN and TBN with superb correlation compared to the complex and time consuming titration laboratory methods.
• Multivariate calibrations are applied so that quantitative readings can be obtained even with complex contaminated samples. A research database of commonly used lubricants and chemometric techniques to automatically subtract the presence of interferants. The result is better accuracy and quantitative analytical data.
• Spectra matching software is used to create the best possible correlation of the unknown sample with different families of lubricants already in the FluidScan memory. Support from our applications group is available to create spectra for if no perfect match is found.
• The patented flip-top cell design allows for the easiest, most reliable and fastest results. The cell design eliminates the common problem of fringing effects found in conventional cells.
• The patented flip-top cell is even capable of analyzing greases, eliminating the need of ATR cells. The design offers an improved alternative to ATR with better limits of detection, lower noise and improved repeatability.
• The FluidScan can determine glycerin, TAN, FAME and water for biodiesel fuels.
• The included FluidScan Monitoring Manager database software can be used to synchronise the FluidScan with a personal computer to archive, trend and report results.
• Default alarm limits for analytical results are included to provide warnings of impending problems. They can be customised and modified to represent local equipment usage and trends.
Product Information and Application
• Spectro FluidScan Q1000 data sheet
• Infrared Spectroscopy for the determination of TAN and TBN in machinery lubrication oils
• FluidScan application library
• White paper FluidScan overview
You can also visit the Spectro Scientific website for more product details by clicking their logo below: