- machine condition based monitoring
- quality control
The SpectroVISC Q300 is a bench-top semi-automatic kinematic temperature bath viscometer optimised for the analysis of used and new lubricants.
It is the ideal system for used oil analysis laboratories that need to test a wide range of lubricant viscosities.
It conforms to the requirements in ASTM D445, D446, D7279, IP 71 and ISO 3104.
The SpectroVISC Q300 is a self-contained viscometer system that consists of a thermostatic bath with circular heater and a control column. The bath contains 4 patented viscometer tubes together with optical sensors to detect the flow of oil through the tubes. All measuring tubes function independently of each other. The control column has an LCD display that provides the user with information about the system’s status and an array of LEDs indicate the current status of each measuring tube. An optional external computer can also be used to control the system for applications where more extensive data handling requirements are necessary.
The user of the SpectroVISC Q300 has the option to operate in two modes: standard viscosity determinations or measuring tube calibration. In both modes, the user chooses how many determinations have to be made for an average result. The operator also controls additional parameters such as tube constants and cleaning cycle.
- viscosity in new or used oils
- viscosity index
Benefits and features
- viscosity analysis of used oil provides an early warning of lubricant degradation and contamination
- compliant with requirements for ASTM D 445, D 7279 and related specifications
- high throughput up to 60 samples per hour to ASTM precision
- small sample volume 0.3 to 0.6 ml
- low solvent consumption 2.5 ml per sample
- extremely easy to use
- automatic flow time measurement
- fully-automatic cleaning and drying
- fast, easy tube replacement, no need to drain bath
- single or dual solvent injection system
- no PC required for system to operate
- optional dual measurement capability
Product information and application
- SpectroVISC Q 300 Data Sheet
- SpectroVISC Q310 Data Sheet
Or call us now on 0161 442 9963 to speak to a Product Specialist.
You can also visit the Spectro Scientific website for more product details by clicking on their logo below: