Application Scientist for ICP-MS/ICP-OES/AAS and Scanning Electron Microscopy
SciMed is a leading distributor of scientific equipment covering the UK and Ireland. We are currently seeking an Application Scientist who will primarily be responsible for our Analytik Jena elemental spectroscopy and Hirox benchtop scanning electron microscopy instruments.. The successful applicant will be based at our Stockport facility just south of Manchester. As part of the role, travel to customers throughout the UK and Ireland will be required as well as occasional trips abroad for product training at manufacturer locations (mainly in France and Germany).
The role will involve supporting the sales and service team in providing technical expertise and knowledge to further grow the business, and supporting customers by providing on-going training and applications advice.
Prior practical working experience of one or more of the techniques is highly desirable as is the desire to learn and develop an interest in other equipment supplied by the Company.
£27,000-40,000 depending on qualifications and experience + discretionary bonus
Car allowance + Pension+ BUPA
– ICP-OES/MS or SEM hands on experience.
– Willingness to travel
– Minimum BSc level (chemistry, analytical sciences or bio-chemistry)
– Flexibility. We are a small team and expect everyone to be prepared to adapt to new circumstances
– Demonstrable relevant analytical skills (not just a simple analyst)
– A postgraduate Phd graduate would be preferred
– X-ray diffraction experience
Key result areas:
– become an expert on the techniques involved
– ability to train the users
– ability to run customer samples and write up application reports
– ability to performs demonstration of the equipment.
– ability to learn other techniques as required
If you wish to apply, please forward your CV and covering letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: until position is filled