The role will initially involve the installation, preventive maintenance, and breakdown support for a segment of our product portfolio.
As part of the role, travel to customers throughout the UK and Ireland will be required as well as occasional trips abroad for product training at manufacturers’ locations (mainly in the USA).
It would be beneficial for the successful candidate to have field service engineer experience in a similar field. However, we welcome applications from candidates who wish to move into a role of a field service engineer of laboratory equipment and can demonstrate they possess the right aptitude to make their transition a success.
The desire to learn and develop an interest in other equipment supplied by the Company is essential.
SciMed is a leading distributor of scientific equipment with a customer base across the UK and Ireland. As part of our continued growth, we have created a new position for a field service engineer. The successful candidate will join an established team of 8 field service engineers and will be based either at our Stockport facility or at home in a location close to the main UK motorway network. Due to the nature of the role as a field service engineer most of the role will be carried out at our customer’s sites across the UK and Ireland.
• Perform installation and preventive maintenance service visits on ED-XRF spectrometers
• Perform installation and preventive maintenance service visits on Parr Calorimeters
• Perform installation, preventive maintenance service, and breakdown visits on instruments from the range of Koehler products
• Perform installation, preventive maintenance service, and breakdown visits on instruments from the range of SCP Science products
• Travel to all SciMed customer sites within the UK and Ireland
• Travel to relevant locations for product training (US and Canada)
• Complete all paperwork and follow all set procedures.
• Respond to breakdown calls on ED-XRF and Parr Calorimeters
• Expand knowledge of other products from the SciMed range.
Whilst it would be an advantage, no prior field service engineer experience is required.
Relevant education enabling candidate to take on the responsibilities. Relevant education includes (but not limited to):
– Degree in a STEM subject
– Electrical and Electronic Engineering HNC
– Military Electronics training
– High School Diploma degrees in relevant subject.
• Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
• Willingness to travel
• The ability to prioritise tasks effectively
• Dynamic, self-motivated, well organised individual
• Proactive nature to determine when other tasks need to be carried out and take ownership of them
• Ability to work alone and as part of a team
• IT literate/ willing to learn to operate new software, both instrumentation control software and standard systems (eg MS365, Sage 200)
• Comfortable with the use of video conferencing tools and equipment
• Right to work in the UK
• Full UK driving licence.
The successful candidate will report to the Service Manager (currently one of the Directors)
To achieve success in this role the candidate must be based in a location where the driving time to our customer base is kept to a minimum. While our customer base is located across all the UK and Ireland, it is concentrated between the M62 in the north and the M4 in the South. Thus, the ideal candidate will reside within this area but will be still able to make trips further afield when required.
This role is proposed to be full-time, Monday to Friday.
• Salary based on experience. Basic salary range £30K – £40K pa.
• Company car or allowance for private car ownership. Fuel for company mileage is reimbursed.
• Bonus up to 15% of basic salary and is based upon both employee and company performance
• Contribution to personal pension above the legal minimum
• Health insurance for employee (and family if desired)
• Death in service and long-term sickness insurance
• Five weeks holiday + bank holidays + Christmas shutdown.
The selection process will be as follows:
1. Applications will be long listed to a list of candidates of no more than 10. The long list process will remain open until a suitable list is obtained
2. The longlist candidates will be invited to a 30-minute web interview
3. This list will be narrowed to a shortlist of no more than 4 and candidates will be invited for a 1-hour interview in person at our offices in Stockport
4. If a suitable candidate is found the position will be offered on the condition that 2 satisfactory references are received, one of which is from your current/last employer
This role will remain open until a suitable candidate has been appointed and no specific timeframe is being worked to.
This position is ready to be filled once a suitable candidate is found and if applicable their notice period is worked.
If you would like an informal discussion about the role prior to applying, please do not hesitate to contact to Adam Rucklidge (firstname.lastname@example.org).
• To apply for this role please send your CV with a covering letter detailing
o Why do you feel you are suited to this role
o Your motivation for applying for this role
o Any other information you deem relevant to your application
Both documents should be in pdf format and e-mailed to email@example.com with the heading “Job Application – Field Service Engineer”
Applications without a covering letter that addresses the above points will not be considered.