Current Vacancy: Office Administrator
SciMed is a highly regarded and long-established distributor of laboratory equipment throughout the UK and Ireland. Founded in 1979, SciMed has grown to a staff of 30 people, an annual turnover of nearly £10M and a product line that is supplied by 27 highly respected instrument manufacturers from across the globe. Throughout this growth SciMed has remained an owner-managed company and the management remain at the forefront of both the sales process and day-to-day running of the company. SciMed operates via a robust quality management system in place and is accredited to ISO9001:2015.
A core part of SciMed’s ongoing success is due to the administration team’s work to support both the sales and service functions within the business. Within the team a customer facing role of office administrator has become vacant.
- First point of contact for new and existing customers calling and e-mailing the company
- To liaise with our international suppliers to obtain accurate information with regards to product availability and cost
- Preparation of sales quotations
- Processing of sales orders including the ordering of required goods from suppliers
- To maintain our customer database with relevant contact information
- Following all internal processes as laid out within our Quality Management System
- To provide holiday cover for other members of the admin team when required
- To partake in any developmental training as required by the Company for the role
- To carry out any other relevant duties as requested by the Line Manager to ensure the effective performance of the admin team and company as a whole
- Maintain excellent levels of communication throughout the team and the wider business
Aptitude, Experience, Qualifications and Legal Prerequisites
- The ability to work within a QMS process-led environment to ensure that the company operates efficiently
- The ability to work quickly but accurately
- The ability to prioritise tasks effectively
- Dynamic, self-motivated, well organised individual
- Proactive nature to determine when other tasks need to be carried out and take ownership of them
- The ability to problem solve through their own investigation and with input from others
- Professional manner with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confident dealing with customers, suppliers and staff by phone and email
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- IT literate/ willing to learn to operate new software
- Comfortable with the use of video conferencing/meetings
- Right to work in the UK
- Experience in sales administration
- Knowledge of sales and purchasing processing within Sage 200
The successful candidate will report to the Senior Office Administrator.
Location of role
Initially this role will be fully based at our office in Heaton Mersey, Stockport. However, upon completion of the training and probation period (usually 3 months) this role can be considered to contain a working from home element. This would be a maximum of 2 days per week working from home from where the full job role can be carried out.
This role is for 37.5 hour week made up of either
- 9am-5pm with 30 mins for lunch
- 8:30am – 5pm with 1 hour for lunch
- 9:00am – 5:30pm with 1 hour for lunch
- Salary based on experience. Basic salary range £20K – £24K pa.
- Bonus up to 15% of basic salary and based upon both employee and company performance
- Contribution to personal pension above the legal minimum
- Health insurance for employee (and family if desired)
- Death in service and long-term sickness insurance
- Five weeks holiday + bank holidays + Christmas shutdown
The selection process will be as follows:
- Applications will be long listed to a list of candidates of no more than 10. The long list process will remain open until a suitable list is obtained
- The longlist candidates will be invited to a 30-minute web interview
- This list will be narrowed to a shortlist of no more than 4 and candidates will be invited for a 1-hour interview in person at our offices in Stockport
- If a suitable candidate is found the position will be offered on the condition that 2 satisfactory references are received one of which is from your current/last employer
This role will remain open until a suitable candidate has been appointed and no specific timeframe is being worked to.
This position is ready to be filled once a suitable candidate is found and if applicable their notice period is worked.
If you would like an informal discussion about the role prior to applying please do not hesitate to contact our Senior Office Administrator Rachel Hamilton-Maddox (Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org 0161 219 0175).
- To apply for this role please send your CV with covering letter detailing
- Why you feel you are suited to this role
- Your motivation for applying for this role
- Any other information you deem relevant to your application
Both documents should be in pdf format and e-mailed to email@example.com with the heading “Job Application – Office Admin”
Applications without a covering letter clearly stating the above will not be considered.