Lab Instruments Sales Representative
South East/ Midlands
SciMed is a highly regarded and long-established distributor of laboratory equipment throughout the UK and Ireland. Founded in 1979, SciMed has grown to a staff of 26 people, an annual turnover in excess of £10 a product line that is supplied by over 25 highly respected instrument manufacturers from across the globe. Throughout this growth SciMed has remained an owner-managed company and the management still remain at the forefront of both the sales process and day to day running of the company.
As part of SciMed’s continued growth we are looking to appointment a territory-focused Technical Sales Representative to maintain and develop the Lab Instruments business in the south of the UK. This is a new position created by a restructuring of the sales team to encompass new and existing products into a broad base portfolio of general purpose products. The North/South split will be defined after the post is filled and depends upon the successful candidate’s home location.
The products in the portfolio include, but are not limited to, Brookfield viscometry, rheology and texture analysers, Koehler products for petrochemical testing, Spectro InfraCal for oil in water measurement, Sherwood flame photometers and chloride analysers and Analytik Jena UV-vis spectrophotometers. SciMed operate as an exclusive sales channel for all of these products in the UK.
- Developing and maintaining profitable sales within the allocated territory for the products detailed above
- Developing new opportunities through visits to current and potential customers
- Demonstrating equipment at customer locations
- Installing equipment and training users on new equipment
- After sales technical customer support including advice on operation of equipment and provision of quotes for spare and consumables
- Reporting to the SciMed Lab Instruments Manager
- Using ACT CRM database to track customer information and sales opportunities
- Keeping abreast of competitors products
- Promoting all of SciMed’s products while on customer visits, gathering market information and relaying back to the appropriate SciMed product manager
- Promoting all of SciMed’s interests at UK and Ireland exhibitions where SciMed Lab Instruments are of specific interest to the event attendees
- The role will involve occasional overnight stays
- The role will require occasional visits to the SciMed office which is located in Stockport, Manchester
- The role will require occasional international travel to attend supplier training and sales meetings
- The role will be a constantly evolving one, and additional responsibilities may be added as the Company product portfolio changes and the successful candidate develops
Experience & Qualifications
- Science degree (BSc) or related discipline
- Technical knowledge of apparatus used in general laboratories
- Live in the south east or midlands of England as this is where the majority of the successful candidate’s time will be spent. Please note that no relocation package is offered with this role
- Fully computer literate with Microsoft Office
- Full UK driving license
- Use of some of the listed techniques in a laboratory environment
- Field sales experience of chemistry-related lab equipment
- Track record of meeting/exceeding sales targets
- Experience of the capital equipment and/or instrument sales process
- Dynamic, outgoing and well-organized individual
- Able to work as a team player as well as take control and make decisions when necessary
- Flexible individual with a desire to get ‘stuck in’ at all levels is an absolute must
- Having the stature and confidence to deal with senior managers
- Salary based on experience
- Generous bonus based on agreed sales target
- Contribution to personal pension above the legal minimum
- Health insurance for employee (and family if desired)
- Death in service and long term sickness insurance
- Five weeks holiday + bank holidays + Christmas shutdown
- Travel allowance
- All reasonable out of pocket expenses reimbursed weekly
- Laptop & mobile phone
- Full product training will be given
To apply for this role please send your details to John Hall (email@example.com , 07873 169888). If you would like an informal chat about the role prior to applying please do so using the same contact details.
Prior to a formal unconditional offer being made to any candidate we will require 2 relevant references.
This role will remain open until a suitable candidate has been appointed.
Please send your application to:
Scientific and Medical Products Ltd
Unit B4, The Embankment Business Park,
Or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to time constraints, not all applicants will be contacted.