Job: Marketing Executive
SciMed is a highly regarded and long-established distributor of laboratory equipment throughout the UK and Ireland. Founded in 1979, SciMed has grown to a staff of 30 people, an annual turnover of nearly £10M and a product line that is supplied by 27 highly respected instrument manufacturers from across the globe. Throughout this growth SciMed has remained an owner-managed company and the management remain at the forefront of both the sales process and day-to-day running of the company. SciMed operates via a robust quality management system in place and is accredited to ISO9001:2015.
A core part of SciMed’s ongoing success is due to the wide range of marketing activities undertaken across multiple formats. The marketing plan and the responsibilities for the execution of that plan is currently spread across different people within the organisation.
In order to maximise the output of a strategic and fully implemented marketing plan with budget, SciMed is creating a an exciting new role of a dedicated Marketing Executive.
- With the Sales Director
- Define the SciMed marketing strategy to ensure company objectives are met
- Define a short-, medium- and long-term marketing plan
- Manage the implementation of the marketing plan and the associated activities
- Ensure that the marketing activities are kept within the budget agreed by the Board
- Interact with various stakeholders such as SciMed Product Managers and our international suppliers to allow implementation of the marketing plan
- Provide holiday cover for other office members as required
On-line and Digital
- Maintain and develop the website content
- Work in partnership with SEO and Adwords partners
- Create and send out targeted mailshots and eshots
- Produce SciMed video media content
- Have responsibly for the content of SciMed social media platforms
Exhibitions and Conferences
- Co-ordinate the planning and implementation of SciMed’s exhibition and conference schedule
- Undertake planning and organisational aspects of exhibitions and conferences
- Design and create exhibition stand layout and graphics
- Attend exhibitions and conferences where necessary
SciMed Educational events
- Co-ordinate the planning and implementation of SciMed’s customer education program
- Undertake planning, organisation and marketing aspects of webinars
- Undertake planning, organisation and marketing aspects of seminars
- Undertake planning, organisation and marketing aspects of masterclasses
- Produce regular newsletters
- Design and create product marketing brochures
- Maintain the contact database and update accordingly
- Holiday cover with office team when required
Solid educational grounding or previous relevance experience in the relevant areas are essential. Whilst none of the points below are essential, the ideal candidate will meet as many of the points below as possible.
- Experience of WordPress
- Experience of Adobe Creative Tools
- Prior experience of a similar role is an advantage
- Formal qualification in marketing is an advantage
- Prior experience working for a STEM company is an advantage
- Degree in a STEM subject is an advantage
Aptitude, and Legal Prerequisites
- Flexibility to adapt to all marketing relevant tasks and activities
- The ability to prioritise tasks effectively
- Dynamic, self-motivated, well organised individual
- Proactive nature to determine when other tasks need to be carried out and take ownership of them
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- IT literate/ willing to learn to operate new software
- Comfortable with the use of video conferencing tools and equipment
- Right to work in the UK
The successful candidate will report to the Sales Director
Location of role
Initially this role will be fully based at our office in Heaton Mersey, Stockport. However, upon completion of the training and probation period (usually 3 months) this role can be considered to contain a working from home element. This would be a maximum of 2 days per week working from home from where the full job role can be carried out.
This role is proposed to be between full time and 75% of full time
- Salary based on experience. Basic salary range £25K – £40K pa.
- Bonus up to 15% of basic salary and based upon both employee and company performance
- Contribution to personal pension above the legal minimum
- Health insurance for employee (and family if desired)
- Death in service and long-term sickness insurance
- Five weeks holiday + bank holidays + Christmas shutdown
The selection process will be as follows:
- Applications will be long listed to a list of candidates of no more than 10. The long list process will remain open until a suitable list is obtained
- The longlist candidates will be invited to a 30-minute web interview
- This list will be narrowed to a shortlist of no more than 4 and candidates will be invited for a 1-hour interview in person at our offices in Stockport
- The in-person interview will require the presentation of a short marketing task that you will be asked to prepare in advance. The task will be set at least 7 days prior to the interview.
- If a suitable candidate is found the position will be offered on the condition that 2 satisfactory references are received one of which is from your current/last employer
This role will remain open until a suitable candidate has been appointed and no specific time frame is being worked to.
This position is ready to be filled once a suitable candidate is found and if applicable their notice period is worked.
If you would like an informal discussion about the role prior to applying please do not hesitate to contact to Paul Vanden-Branden (email@example.com).
- To apply for this role please send your CV with covering letter detailing
- Why you feel you are suited to this role
- Your motivation for applying for this role
- Any other information you deem relevant to your application
Both documents should be in pdf format and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading “Job Application – Marketing Executive”
Applications without a covering letter clearly stating the above will not be considered.
Due to time constraints, not all applicants will be contacted.