Rapid multi-elemental analysis and chemical imaging with FireFly.
The FireFly by Lightigo is a cutting-edge laboratory analytical instrument that harnesses the power of Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS) for swift multi-elemental analysis and chemical imaging. Designed for solid samples, this device offers unparalleled spatial resolution and scanning rates, making it a leader in its field.
Easy Wavelength Switching
Wide Element Detection
Key features & benefits
FireFly LIBS System
Introducing the FireFly by Lightigo, a revolutionary solution to a pressing problem faced by many in the analytical field. The challenge? Rapid, accurate, and detailed multi-elemental analysis.
The FireFly, leveraging the prowess of Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS), addresses this need head-on. This device isn’t just about speed; it’s about precision. With its impressive spatial resolution capabilities, it offers detailed chemical imaging that was previously hard to achieve.
But what truly sets the FireFly apart are its depth profiling features. Users can delve into multi-layer depth analysis, determining the elemental composition of individual depth layers of their samples.
This is complemented by the device’s ability to present results in the form of both spectra and maps, equipped with user-friendly tools for a seamless experience. In essence, the FireFly isn’t just a product; it’s a solution, bridging the gap between need and innovation.
The FireFly is a lab-based analytical tool designed for swift, comprehensive elemental assessment and visual representation of solid specimens.
Solid / Liquid / Gas
Limits of Detection
and depth profiling
100 x 100 mm
Low operational costs
Wide range of elements
Including Li, Be, Mg, Na, N, C
Thanks to the versatility and efficiency of the LIBS method, there are many potential uses for the FireFly.
• Analysis and detailing of coating layers
• Uniformity assessment and flaw detection
• Measurement of carbon and mixed elements in steel
• Classification of aluminum and waste material sorting
• Evaluation of corrosion levels.
• Nanoparticle-assisted identification of biomarkers
• Metal analysis in delicate tissues, tumor tissue examination
• Chemical visualization of dense tissues (skeletal and dental structures).
• Digital categorization of stones, minerals, and their derivatives
• Origin research via distinct chemical signatures
• Examination of rock structures and inclusion exploration
• Integrated imaging using computed tomography and SEM
• Authentication of gemstones.
• Association between elemental spread and chlorophyll levels
• Identification of hazardous metals and harmful elements in vegetation
• Analysis of fertilization, pinpointing P, K, N
• Assessment of nutrient components in plants and ground
• Spotting microplastic contamination in living organisms.
• Categorization of polymers, coupled with Raman spectroscopy analysis
• Sustainable recycling: identifying heavy metals in reused plastic substances
• Identification of harmful elements in packaging materials and playthings
• Quality assessment for both input and output.
The FireFly uses Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS) for its analysis.
The FireFly is primarily designed for solid samples.
It enables multi-layer depth analysis to determine the elemental composition of individual depth layers of the material.
Yes, users can select the optimal laser wavelength for their application without the need for disassembly.
The FireFly can detect a wide range of elements, including but not limited to Li, Be, Mg, Na, N, and C.
We take great pleasure in assisting you and ensuring you get a prompt response to your questions
Live chat opening hours Mon – Fri 9:15 to 16:30 (UK Time)