The Water Separability Tester provides accurate testing of up to seven samples at a time. It may be used for specification of new oils and monitoring of in-service petroleum oils and synthetic fluids. A full visibility bath immerses seven 100mL cylinders as per ASTM and ISO specifications. Sample cylinders are held securely in place by stainless steel supports inside the bath. A microprocessor based heater controls bath operating controls bath fluid temperature with greater than ±1°C accuracy and stability throughout the operating range of 25°C to 84°C. Large LED readouts display setpoint and actual temperatures in Celsius or Fahrenheit scale at the operator’s option. For most samples, ASTM/ISO sample temperatures of 54°C and 82°C are attained within 10 minutes after placement of the test cylinders into the stabilized bath.
The sample stirrer housing pivots to each test position in the bath and locks securely in place at the required position in relation to the sample cylinder. The digital stirrer offers complete flexibility for test duration and stirring speed at the push of a button. Operating speed and count down time are prominently displayed on a large backlit LCD panel. A wide operating range of 0-2000rpm permits in-house customized testing with ±1rpm accuracy, and the operator may select a stirring time of up to 99.99 minutes. At the end of the selected interval, the stirrer automatically shuts off and alerts the operator with audible and visual signals that the settling period has commenced. All test parameters are stored in memory and repeated in subsequent tests until they are changed by the operator.
· Tests emulsion characteristics of lubricating oils
· Seven sample capacity
· Clear, illuminated heating bath provides excellent visibility
· Microprocessor temperature control with digital display and built-in protection against over temperature and low liquid level hazards
· Conforms to ASTM, ISO and related standards for water separability testing
· Optional sensor for direct measurement of sample temperature
· With built in drain for convenient draining of bath medium
You can also visit the Koehler website for more product details by clicking on their logo below: